NorthCountry Federal Credit Union
Member Advocate 1 (Teller)Colchester, VT 05439
Support the credit union?s vision of being the community?s most loved financial institution, and its mission to
make people?s financial dreams come true. Contribute to a world class experience for all members and staff, by
building rapport, determining needs, and offering creative solutions to best serve their needs. Demonstrate
professionalism and integrity and represent the credit union?s core values in all interactions.
Interactions will involve account transaction processing, account opening, account closing, account research,
answering member questions, and providing accurate information regarding credit union products and services.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
1. Develop and maintain a clear understanding of credit union products and services to talk
confidently with members about their financial needs and cross-sell appropriate solutions to meet
2. Be proficient in all teller transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, transfers, loan
payments (including Visa), cashier's checks, and wire transfers. Understand and apply proper
procedures to open and close accounts (all share types) and be familiar with IRA rules and
regulations. Become cross-trained in all vault management.
3. Actively listen to members needs and offer appropriate solutions for overcoming a financial
challenge or achieving a financial goal, utilizing credit union loan and deposit products. Refer
problems that are beyond their authority to their supervisor along with recommendations.
4. Make decisions that align with the credit union's core values while adhering to policies and
5. Develop an understanding and working knowledge of the credit union history, philosophy,
organization, bylaws, policies, procedures and appropriate software systems. Perform all other
job-related duties as assigned.
This position starts at $18.00 an hour