Youth Support Specialist-Full Time, PortsmouthPortsmouth, NH 03801
Easterseals NH, VT & Farnum is seizing the future with intent. We are mission driven: We help people age in place, find paid employment, achieve sobriety, improve mobility, transition to independent living, develop life skills, access education, secure housing, find family, and connect with their communities.
We are looking for Youth Support Specialists to join our team right now! Come find your purpose while you make valuable, rewarding impacts in the lives of the individuals we serve.
Develop supportive, nurturing, and empowering relationships with adolescents as they transition into adulthood. As a leader in our Youth Transitional Services program, you will provide impactful, one-on-one guidance for adolescents with disabilities and at-risk youth to position them for success in life.
Become a trusted role model, fostering a compassionate environment for our youth as they work to achieve their goals. Whether you are offering educational support, career coaching, personal skill development, or fostering their overall social health and wellness; you will help students grow and thrive within their communities.
Qualifications: You must be at least 18 years or older to fill this position. A high school diploma or GED, as well as two years of work experience are also required. Candidates must hold a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
Compensation: Starting wage for a Youth Support Specialist is $18/hour. Opportunity to increase to $18.50/hour at 3 months of employment! Opportunity to increase to $19/hour at 6 months of employment!
Hours: 1st Shift, Monday - Friday 30 hours per week
What's in it for you?
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) begins accruing on your first day!
- 10 Paid Holidays, as well as a Floating Holiday of your choice
- 403 (b) Employer Match - up to a maximum of 3%
- Tuition Reimbursement after one year of employment
- Federal student loan forgiveness eligibility and student loan repayment for qualifying positions
- Employee Discounts
- On-site child care center at a discount for employees. Available at Auburn Street and S. Main Street in Manchester
- Wellness Programs: Health coaching, on-site and remote nutritional counseling services, remote and on-site fitness classes, reimbursement programs for weight loss & tobacco cessation
We are a recovery friendly workplace, and we proudly employ military members and their families.
To learn more about this role, submit your application and/or schedule a phone call with Sarah: www.calendly.com/eastersealsnh-sarah/15min
Candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for employment. EOE
- Job Function Contributer
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $18.00