Certified Nursing Assistant/Aide
Correct Care Solutions | New Orleans, LA
Our Certified Nursing Assistant / Aide is responsible for assisting in the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment planning, implementation and evaluation. Under supervision of Registered Nurses or Licensed Practical Nurses. Assists Nurses with patient care and patients with ADL's commensurate with his/her education and demonstrated competencies.
- Complete an accredited CNA course
- One (1) or more years of clinical experience preferred
- Current certification as a Nurse Aid in the State
- Current CPR certification
- Under the supervision of a LPN, RN, PA, ARNP or MD, assists in the assessment of vital sign, transferring and ambulating of patients.
- Consult with and is responsible to RN's and other staff as appropriate.
- Implements clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance with established policies and procedures. Intervenes with proper technique, procedures and safety precautions to meet individual needs of patient.
- Responsible for charting vital signs, intake and output on appropriate flow sheets and reports any changes of patient status to appropriate disciplines.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining supply levels for all clinics and stocks ER supplies.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.